Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Only Day 1?!?

Today was an amazing yet exhausting experience for me. Not only was I pulled out of my comfort zone (of control, structure, direction, etc.), I was thrust into an abyss. An abyss, you ask? Well, the lack of structure, or what was perceived by me as lack of structure affected me to the core. Was it Paul, Bill, Tanya, Colette and Kristen's plan to shake us up? I have no doubt whatsoever! So again my own interpretation of structure & control left me squirming in my chair this afternoon. After an evening with Nancy and Salina, sipping on a quava mojito, I'm much more relaxed about taking on this challenge. What I'm most looking forward to is getting to know everyone in Cadre 10 and absorbing everything they have to offer. I look to my fellow Cadre team as my own personal mentors. How lucky I am to be on clearly one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever seen with a team of bright, knowledgeable individuals! I'm blessed with this opportunity and I plan to take full advantage of it! I've thrown away my box (okay, it's really just out of reach...but I plan to throw it away) and will jump in with my eyes wide open. May I be fortunate to bring as much, if not more, to the table. Thank you all for letting me be a part of this life-challenging experience!

No comments: